How to EDIT Your Closet
While it’s officially fall the temp still manages to rise above that too warm for long sleeves 80 degree mark. And since you are not going to be digging out that cable knit sweater anytime soon, now is the perfect time to get your hands a little dirty and edit your fall wardrobe. I have gone through numerous clients’ closets over the years and undoubtedly this is the most dreaded chore of their personal styling experience. However, it doesn’t have to be! I like to make it sweet and simple by abiding by 5 rules.
- You have not worn the item in over a year, toss it!
- You wouldn’t buy it now, toss it!
- It has holes and scuffs beyond reasonable repair, toss it!
- When you put it on, look at yourself in the mirror and don’t like what you see, toss it! (It won’t get any better.)
- It has sentimental value to you, keep it! (Your ex boyfriend’s college t-shirt does not count.)
Still can’t manage to go through your racks of clothes? Give me a call at 917.536.2613 and I will be more than happy to whip your closet into shape!